Friday, October 10, 2008

Twihard.....The Twilight Saga and Me

So I picked up on this phenomenon call the "Twilight Saga" , books by Stephenie Meyer. I was intrigued by a Mormon mom who writes a story about vampires, so I bit...(sorry) and bought the books. I am now a "breathless neophyte" completely addicted. I read all four books in 10 days. easy to do when you can't put them down. Eating and sleeping becane a burden. I fretted over the last book, torn between wanting to find out what happens to Bella and Edward and not wanting it to ever end. I finished and immediately started reading it again. I can't quite explain it. I seem to be way past "suspension of disbelief" and well on my way to not being able to separate reality from fiction. In my mind, it seems so real. A real place to escape. I know, I know... I am worried about my grip on reality, too. However, I am not suffering from insanity but wrather enjoying it. I am trying to figure out which book I can get my next "high" from when I finish the series this time. If only I had the genius to be able to write a story like that myself....now I need to go wash my "Team Edward" shirt.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Okay, so I have been on the fence about getting htese books. SO I am now convinced. Oh yeah, byw, it is me Katie Bigney.
Welcome to the blog world! It is so much fun!

Mark said...

You need to get in touch with the YW. They are sooo into it!! Ask Shannon Welch! She knows everything there is to know. I wish I were in Cali to go see it with you at the theaters. OHHH that would be fun!!
jenny

Rebecca Baca said...

how many days till the movie?

Rebecca Baca said...

hello? is this thing on?

Nick and Cristina Anderson said...

Campbells!!!!! Yay you are blogging! And yay you are a twilight fan! I read all the books in 2 weeks. Loved every second of it! I'm sending you an invite to our blog!

Ryann Pinnegar said...

I haven't read all the books yet. I had to send the first two books to my sister in Utah so I could plan my wedding without interference :) Have you found any more good books lately?

lambfamblog said...

Okay if I leave a comment will that help you get back into your blog? Just a thought- hope it works!!!!